As an international student you may currently receive financial aid for studying from the Dutch government. If you do and you remain enrolled at Avans when you travel abroad as part of your studies you can, in many cases, continue to receive this aid. As part of this you are entitled to public transport compensation for every month you are abroad. This also applies if you are only eligible for a loan.
Get public transport compensation abroad
- Obtain permission from your department to study abroad.
- Enter your contact details abroad in Osiris. This is compulsory.
- Enter the contact details of a person Avans can contact in case of emergency. This is compulsory.
- Access your personal page on the DUO website.
- Download the public transport compensation abroad form.
- Have the form signed off by the Student Information Desk.
Please be aware that the Student Information Desk cannot sign off the form unless you have proof that your department has given you permission to study abroad.
Note that, before you travel abroad, you must log on to Osiris and record both your contact details abroad, and those of a person Avans can contact if something serious happens to you. This contact could be one of your family members, or a close friend. Do not submit details of a contact person from your Avans school. For more info on recording contact details, check the Emergency contact page.
Please visit the DUO website for details about this compensation. This information is only available in Dutch.