Sometimes you want to discuss things that are confidential. For instance if you encounter undesirable behaviour or if you have personal problems. Depending on your problem, you can contact the confidential counsellor or the student counsellor.
Who is it for?
For full-time, part-time and dual track students enrolled at Avans University of Applied Sciences and who want to discuss something with a confidential counsellor.
What types of confidential counsellors are there within Avans University of Applied Sciences?
Depending on the situation, you can contact:
1. the confidential counsellor in the event of undesired behaviour and/or intimidation.
2. the student counsellor in the event of special personal circumstances in general.
What is classed as ‘undesired behaviour’?
If you encounter undesirable behaviour on the part of a fellow student, a lecturer or other staff at Avans University of Applied Sciences. This undesirable behaviour can be: physical contact, discriminatory comments, unnecessary or vulgar comments or even aggression and sexual intimidation, but also if you encounter undesirable behaviour during a work placement or graduation project. Contact the confidential counsellor via http://digitaalloket.avans.nl.
When should you consult the student counsellor?
- In situations such as the following:
- Interruption of studies
- Study delay, including due to reasons beyond your control and/or special circumstances
- Problems with your choice of study programme
- Financial problems
- Problems in your personal life
- Functional impairment or chronic disease
- Questions about financial aid for studying
- Complaints, grievances and appeals procedures.
To make an appointment with the student counsellor, contact the Student Information Desk.
In both situations your privacy is guaranteed and conversations are strictly confidential